M9 International Pte Ltd, the owner of www.m9.com.sg, is committed to protecting your privacy and we will demonstrate reasonable care and respect in our treatment of any personal data that we may obtain from you.
WHAT IS PERSONAL DATA?
1. Types of Personal Data Collected
Generally, we collect Personal Data from customers, prospective customers, companies etc. for purposes relating to the products and services we offer or require, or in assessing your suitability for employment with us. These purposes include, but are not limited to:
- responding to your enquiries regarding vehicles, vehicle sales/leasing/servicing/repairs, vehicle parts and accessories, and any other services we offer
- receiving feedback and dealing with complaints
- processing orders and administering accounts
- providing customer and dealer support, such as service maintenance reminders
- vehicle warranties and vehicle special service campaigns
- communication with you in relation to your vehicle ownership, to products and services we provide which are relevant to your existing relationship with us
- offering you updated marketing and promotional packages you can benefit from, including products and services offered by our selected partners
- product updates and upgrades
- research and surveys
- meeting regulatory and legal obligation
- applications for employment
2. Purposes for Collection, Use and Disclosure
Generally, M9 International Pte Ltd may collect, use and/or disclose personal data for the following purposes:
- To facilitate redemption activities. For instance, if you wish to redeem an item from us, your personal data is collected and/or used to verify your identification and process your redemption.
- To facilitate lucky draws or other contests or activities conducted by M9 International Pte Ltd. For instance, if you participate in a lucky draw, your personal data may also be used to contact you or to notify you subsequently if you win a prize.
- To improve our services. For instance, if you participate in our surveys, we may use your feedback/suggestions to improve the shopping experience at M9 International Pte Ltd.
- To inform you of M9 International Pte Ltd’s promotions and updates. For instance, if you subscribe to M9 International Pte Ltd’s mailing list, we may communicate with you via e-mail updates in relation to special offers or activities offered by us.
- To process and respond to your enquiries, feedback, requests, complaints or incident reports. For instance, if you send feedback to M9 International Pte Ltd, we may use your contact information to communicate with you.
- To generate internal reports such as annual, operational or management reports.
- For security purposes. For instance, if you enter M9 International Pte Ltd’s premises, surveillance cameras may capture your images. You photographs may also be captured if you attend events or activities held on M9 International Pte Ltd’s premises.
- To resolve any disputes which may arise between M9 International Pte Ltd and you.
- For any investigation or proceedings where your personal data is relevant. For instance, if you wish to report to us an incident at M9 International Pte Ltd’s premises, we may collect your particulars to respond to you or conduct further investigations.
- To process and administer any insurance claims or payments arising under or in connection with incidents.
- To comply with applicable laws.
- For evaluative purposes as defined under the Act;
- For other specific purposes for which your personal data was provided.
Disclosure to Third Parties
M9 International Pte Ltd gives you the option of opting out of receiving newsletters and marketing materials from us. If you do not wish to receive any marketing materials from us, you can indicate your preference at the office of M9 International Pte Ltd.
For newsletters and marketing materials communicated to you via email, you may opt-out of receiving them by clicking on the “Unsubscribe” link in the latest email containing such newsletter or material or by sending an email to indicate that you wish to unsubscribe.
You may also withdraw your consent in relation to other purposes by writing to us. Where applicable, M9 International Pte Ltd will inform you of the likely consequences of such withdrawal. If you have given your consent for multiple purposes, please note that your personal data may still be collected, disclosed and used for purposes for which no withdrawal of consent was made. Please note that even upon complete withdrawal of consent, M9 International Pte Ltd may still retain Personal Data necessary for legal and business reasons or as may be required by law.
M9 International Pte Ltd will only retain your personal data for as long as it is necessary to fulfill the purpose for which it was collected, or as required by applicable laws.
M9 International Pte Ltd needs your assistance to ensure that your personal data is current, complete and accurate. As such, please inform M9 International Pte Ltd of any changes or errors in your personal data by contacting M9 International Pte Ltd and submitting your updated particulars to M9 International Pte Ltd in writing. M9 International Pte Ltd may also request updates from you on your personal data from time to time.
6. Protection and Verification
The security of your personal data is important to us. We will protect your personal data by adopting reasonable measures to reduce the risks of unauthorised access, collection, use, disclosure, copying, modification, disposal or similar risks.
M9 International Pte Ltd may adopt verification practices and processes to verify your identity or to process your requests. For example, when you redeem a gift with M9 International Pte Ltd, M9 International Pte Ltd may require your personal data such as your telephone number to call or interact with you.
Such cookies may be used to identify you. M9 International Pte Ltd is not responsible for any third party cookies.
You may block cookies on your web browser but some of the features of M9 International Pte Ltd’s website may then not function properly. By blocking cookies, not all features and functions of the M9 International Pte Ltd’s website will function properly, we may not receive/be able to process your requests and some of the transactions/activities may not be completed as a result.